Testimonial of Lola B
I have been sending my dog to Fenway Bark daily for the past several months and am thrilled with the experience. I felt compelled to write a review in case anyone is evaluating Fenway Bark as a place to trust with their dog. While it took a few days of daycare for my dog to adjust to her new routine, she now loves going there and pulls me toward the door each morning when I drop her off.
Some of the things that I really love:
* Friendly staff greets us every morning - oftentimes the owners themselves, who are involved in the day-to-day operations. My dog cannot wait to get back to her pack of "friends" in the small dog area (dogs are separated into two different lawns by size and temperament). I feel very comfortable knowing she loves going there every day.
* The dogs have designated down time between 11am-1pm and again from 5-7pm. Each gets their own area with a bed that is cleaned daily. You can choose to have your dog's meals or snacks during these times. In the hot summer months, Fenway Bark even offers special frozen treats during the first break.
* Climate-controlled! I had an experience with another doggy daycare (it has since gone out of business) that was not air conditioned (the reason for pulling my dog out of there!). Fenway Bark stays cool all summer. On mild days, all the garage doors are opened so the dogs can get fresh air all day.
* One-stop-shop. Not only does Fenway Bark offer daycare and boarding services, but they have a full boutique with a great selection of natural foods and treats, so I no longer have to make trips to the store when we are running out of food. In addition, I have taken advantage of their grooming services on several occasions and have been very pleased with the results.
* Cleanliness. The owner took time to give us a full tour of the facility and described the great lengths they go through to keep the place clean, including a high-tech lawn filtration system. This is the first place that I've sent my dog where she comes home smelling clean instead of like other dogs.
* Transparency. Some other daycares do not let you see your dog when they are playing. Not only can everyone see the large dog lawn when they are at the concierge desk, but the couple of times I asked to go back to the small dog lawn, they were great about taking me back to see my dog playing with the others.
* 24/7. Daycare dogs can stay until 8pm at night, which is very convenient when unexpected work emergencies arise and I cannot get there at my usual pickup time. Fenway Bark is very flexible with drop off and pick up times. Dogs can stay past 8pm for an extra 1/2 day charge. This came in handy when my recent flight was delayed and I didn't get to Boston until 9:30pm to pick her up. I don't know what I would have done if I had to rush someplace that was closing.
* Tons of parking. There are some really great doggy daycares in Boston, but many do not have easy parking options. There is PLENTY of free parking at Fenway Bark.
* The owners are also involved with Great Dog Rescue of New England and regularly take in foster dogs to find them forever homes. As someone involved in dog rescue, I love that they use the business to give back to dogs in need. It's great to see their Facebook updates and photos of rescue dogs meeting their new guardians.
Overall, I'd say this is a 5-star facility with a caring and dedicated staff. While it's a bit pricey, it is worth the peace of mind knowing my dog is safe and happy while we're apart. Highly recommended!